HostGator is a well known hosting service that allows people to create websites and register domains.
In fact, you might have a website hosted through the company.
Much like BlueHost and GoDaddy, HostGator offers an affiliate program that allows you to link readers with their offers to make a commission.
The HostGator affiliate program allows you to earn between $65 to $125 per sign-up. You can earn more money by converting more viewers into customers. HostGator offers affiliate links that you can use to customize banners or integrate hyperlinks into the text of your post.
Throughout this article, you’ll also learn the following information about HostGator’s affiliate program:
- Details about whether or not their program is right for you
- Pros and cons of the HostGator affiliate membership
- Insider tips to increase your commission and get more customers to click
What Are the Perks of Joining HostGator’s Affiliate Program?
Affiliate marketers love suggesting HostGator because of the high commission they receive for every sale.
It’s not every day that a company starts by offering a bare minimum of $65 per sale!
Among other perks, HostGator manages to make one of the best affiliate programs in the industry.
Here’s a list of five pros of joining the HostGator affiliate program:
- According to HostGator, their commission rates are as good as you’ll find anywhere. As mentioned in the intro, you can earn between $65 to $125 per sale. Here’s how it works: Between 1 to 5 sales gives you $65 per sale, 6 to 10 gives you $75 per sale, 11 to 20 gives you $100 per sale, and anything over 20 gives you $125 per sale.
- You don’t need much traffic to get approved for the program. Unlike most other affiliate programs, you don’t need an endless supply of traffic to get your website approved. HostGator wants to make sales as much as you do (if not more), so they approve almost anyone with a reliable, trusted website.
- You can make your own coupons and promo codes for a customized appearance. If you want to create codes that are unique to your business, then HostGator is the program for you. It’s simple and quick to make your own promo codes, and they’ll display whatever you want them to.
- Getting approved takes much less time than most affiliate systems. You don’t need to go through a lengthy application and approval process. In fact, some people find out if they’re approved the same day that they apply. On the off-chance that you’re denied, they’ll send you an explanation so you can make corrections.
- HostGator is a trusted brand. Along with BlueHost, GoDaddy, and a few other hosting services, HostGator is known across the globe. Not only does it mean that they pay better and have good customer service, but it also means you readers will trust the company and click more often.
As you can see, HostGator has more than enough to offer to their affiliates.
If you’re able to fit their ads on your website in a way that makes sense, then there’s no way you’ll have any troubles.
We’ll dive more into the integration methods later, but you’ll learn about the cons below.
Are There Any Downsides?
Unfortunately, the program isn’t perfect.
Much like other affiliate programs in the niche, it’s easy to get approved, but it’s difficult to make a sale.
Let’s analyze a few problems that you might encounter while working as an affiliate partner for HostGator below.
It Takes Two Months and Ten Days to Get Payments
Since they offer a 45-day money-back guarantee, HostGator has to wait to send payments.
Otherwise, they’d lose thousands of dollars every week. Once you get several sales going through every day, you won’t notice the gap since you’ll always be making an income (after the first 2-month, 10-day period).
You’ll Only Be Selling to People Who Want to Make a Website
There aren’t very many people making websites compared to those who purchase from other affiliate programs.
For example, Amazon has one of the most known affiliate programs in the world. You can sell anything on the website for a commission.
When it comes to domain hosting, the audience is limited.
BlueHost Has a Much Quicker Approval Process
HostGator gets it done quickly by approving you within 24 to 72 hours (in most cases), but BlueHost does it instantly.
If you want to start linking your ads immediately, then you’ll only be able to go through BlueHost.
However, it’s hard to beat HostGator’s commission rate for such a short waiting period.
The downsides associated with HostGator’s program aren’t too bad. Many people find that they’re far from deal-breakers, which means you’ll be able to start generating an income almost right away.
That being said, there are a few things that you should know before you join, all of which you’ll find in the next section.
Related Post: Affiliate Bots 2.0 Review A Scam Or Legit?
What Should You Know Before Joining?
HostGator is pretty self-explanatory with their affiliate program. If you’re thinking about joining, then there’s quite a bit that you should know.
Signing up as an affiliate is a serious business move that can get you a lot of income, or at least, enough to supplement your salary.
Consider these suggestions before you head over to HostGator:
- Your website has to be in the right niche. You can start selling links to HostGator if you’re not in the industry. It doesn’t make sense for you to have a banner or affiliate link if you’re writing about travel, food, and so on. Before you sign up, make sure your website is related to blogging, writing, business development, or similar topics.
- You can track sales from an analytics tab. HostGator has everything designed to make it easy for you to stay updated with your info. You can track clicks and conversions on specific ads or create your own and watch the numbers grow. They’ll also show you how many people make a purchase, letting you know when the rate will increase.
- HostGator offers a variety of payment methods for their affiliate program. You can choose to use electronic payments to your bank account, get a check by mail, or sign up with your PayPal account. Note that some transfers take a bit longer and they also have specified payment thresholds.
- You should know how to integrate their ads into the code of your website. If you’re not familiar with coding, then you’re in luck; It’s not too hard to get started. All you have to do is add an HTML widget to the side, top, bottom, or middle of a webpage and copy-paste the banner link. Text links can be copy-pasted as a hyperlink.
- Most clicks won’t turn into a sale. It’s inevitable that the vast majority of people won’t end up buying anything. You should expect less than 25% of people to click. Many affiliates mention that they often get hundreds of clicks without a conversion. Stick to it and the growth will be worth the wait.
Now that we have all of the serious business out of the way, it’s time for you to get started. Signing up for HostGator’s program is easy.
If you want help along the way, proceed to the next section.
How to Sign Up for the HostGator Affiliate Membership
Signing up for HostGator is an excellent choice to boost your income and expand your business.
When people notice that they’re getting high-quality value from the service, they’ll come back and rely on your website more often.
You can get started in no time, so let’s break down the step-by-step process below.
Here’s what you have to do:
- Shout Me Loud states that you have to apply to ImpactRadius. This company is a third-party affiliate system that approves or denies people for HostGator so they can focus on business-related issues. If you have any concerns, ImpactRadius has an excellent support staff that responds quickly.
- Select your payment method. As mentioned in the previous section, you can choose between electronic transfers to your bank account, checks sent to your mailbox or P.O. box, and PayPal. Whichever you choose, you’ll have to provide a method before you head onto the next step.
- Place a few trial ads on your website. Not only does this allow you to see if they interfere with the layout of your blog, but it also lets you see which ads convert. Take advantage of the aforementioned analytics tab to get user insight and make the most out of your affiliate banners and links.
- Integrate the ads into your website. Now that you know how they’ll work with your audience, it’s time to increase your efforts. Don’t overdo it, but consider making a review of what someone can earn by joining HostGator. It should be a complete guide that covers every aspect of why they should join.
Signing up is easy, as is making money if you know how to get it done.
By following the simple four tips mentioned above, you’ll be fully prepared to earn a reliable commission from HostGator on your website.
Looking For A Complete List Of Favorite Affiliate Programs? Click Here
Is It Worth Your Time?
After reading everything, you might still be wondering if HostGator’s affiliate program is worth your time.
After all, it’s a business partnership that’ll inevitably require a bit of your time every week.
Ask yourself the following questions to know if their affiliate membership is worth it:
Do You Have a Reliable Source of Traffic?
All affiliate programs require good traffic for you to make anything worth mentioning.
While HostGator doesn’t nitpick about how many people you have for approval purposes, you won’t have every viewer click and make a purchase.
In fact, barely anyone will click, and even fewer people will buy. You need a steady source of traffic for it to be worth your time.
Do You Know How Website Domains Work?
If you’re not sure how domains work, then it might be hard trying to sell it.
The good news is that you’ve likely dealt with domain services to get the website that you’re advertising their affiliate links on.
Try to learn all about websites, domains, and a bit about coding so you can convert readers into customers.
Can You Create an Effective Review?
Just because you joined the program doesn’t mean you’ll start earning an income.
You need to be able to write a good review that makes people want to click and buy.
Inspire people to create websites about their business, hobbies, lifestyle, and other interests. Educate them, so they don’t feel like they’re going in blind.
Most people would agree that the HostGator affiliate program is worth their time.
For such a little investment (and nothing financially), you could start making money on your sales.
Why wouldn’t you want to boost your income and make a living from your hard work?
Related Post: The Top Free Affiliate Programs For Beginners
Tips to Make More Money With HostGator
If you’re already partnered with HostGator, and you want to know how you can increase your revenue, you’re in the right place.
It’s difficult to convert people into customers when you don’t have a sales background.
Even if you have experience marketing, hosting websites is such a specific niche that many people don’t know where to start.
Try these helpful tips to increase your income from HostGator’s affiliate program:
- Create customized promotions to make your ads stand out and deliver low-cost products for your customers. HostGator is unique because they allow you to make promotions and coupons however you’d like. Incorporate your logo within the code to let people know that it’s a trusted product or service.
- Way2Earning suggests that you play around with the analytics tab to see which ads are working. You’ll be able to know what’s selling, how often people click on the ad, and whether or not you’re making a decent income from the ad. This information will let you customize the banners and text for better results.
- As mentioned throughout this page, you should create a full review about the HostGator service. People won’t be interested in a small ad on the side of the page if they don’t already know what domain services are. You can gain their interest with a review that tells them everything they should know.
- Provide a contact page for your HostGator ads and banners. While it’s not recommended to make contact pages specifically for most other affiliate marketing plans, domain hosting can be tricky business. People should be able to contact you and get answers, increasing the odds that they’ll buy the service.
Making money with HostGator is easier than most domain service affiliate programs.
You get to have full control of the situation while knowing what you want to enhance or get rid of.
It’s as smooth and user-friendly as you could ask for. If you’re still on the fence, have your questions answered below.
Are There Other Affiliate Programs for Domain Hosting?
Absolutely! HostGator is far from the only domain hosting service with affiliate programs.
Domain hosting is popular and always will be.
With billions of websites on the internet, these companies want as many customers as they can get.
Other companies include BlueHost, Hostinger, NameCheap, and many more. It should be mentioned that BlueHost is undeniably the most popular domain hosting service on the internet, so they’re likely the most trusted from readers.
Is There a Payment Threshold?
All programs have payment thresholds to prevent the company from having too many low-dollar transactions.
It saves time, money, and confusion for both parties. The payment threshold for HostGator typically starts at $100, but it depends on which payment method you choose.
Note: Payment thresholds are always subject to change.
Can You Earn Money if You Use Promo Codes?
You can earn money using promo codes, even if they’re as low as one cent per month!
Your customers will get the best deal available and you’ll make a great income.
This deal is due to the fact that they’ll still have to pay for the domain, web protection services, and other addons.
You’ll receive an excellent commission while they save tons of money.
Can You Join the Affiliate Program if You’re Not Hosted Through HostGator?
Yes, you can sign up with HostGator’s affiliate program, even if your website is hosted through another service.
For example, if you’re running a WordPress account through BlueHost, you can sign up as an affiliate for HostGator and make money.
You can also do it the other way around, whichever works best for you.
Want A Completely Free Training That Reveals How I Make A Full-Time Income Online With Affiliate Marketing? Click Here
HostGator provides an excellent affiliate marketing program that everyone in the industry should try out.
If you want to supplement your income and inspire others to start their own websites, then it’s one of the best choices that you’ll have.
On top of that, HostGator has an FAQ page for you and your readers to have all of your questions answered.
Start by signing up for the program, place a few test ads, and work with the analytics until you’re getting the desired results.