Did you know that Fiverr’s third-quarter revenues increased by 88% in 2020? We can infer from this observation that more customers bought the digital marketplace’s services. Because of that, you may be interested in taking advantage of Fiverr’s increasing popularity to promote its products through the Fiverr affiliate program.
The Fiverr affiliate program is worth joining. It allows you to earn using dynamic commission models. Despite the high payment threshold and the restrictive first-time buyer clause, you’d benefit more from Fiverr’s high brand popularity, free promotion tools, and professional support.
Read on for detailed descriptions of the Fiverr affiliate program, the promotional tools you can use, its commission structure, and its pros and cons.
Related Post: Best affiliate programs for beginners
What Is Fiverr?
That you’ve landed on this page indicates you’ve probably heard of Fiverr. However, if you’re a regular reader, chances are you haven’t!
Fiverr is one of the most popular digital marketplaces where you can buy freelancers’ services. Freelancers from all over the world can showcase customized portfolios of their services to attract prospects.
Standard services or gigs on offer on Fiverr include:
- Animation and video production
- Music, audio engineering, and voice-overs
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Content writing and translation
What Is the Fiverr Affiliate Program?
Have you ever heard of the term affiliate marketing? If not, it involves earning commissions by promoting a company’s products or services.
The Fiverr affiliate program works in a similar way – you recommend Fiverr Gigs and receive commissions when your audience purchases the recommended services. Once you sign up for the program, you receive an affiliate link that you can add to your blog to promote the platform’s services.
The links are tracked to determine which customers visited the website via your blog or website.
Pro Tip: For higher conversions, you should provide highly engaging, well-researched, and informative content. High-quality content also builds your reputation, which means higher chances of more customers visiting the company’s website via your links.
You can watch the following video for additional information on the Fiverr affiliate program:
What Services Can You Promote?
Here are the key services you can promote as a Fiverr affiliate:
- Fiverr: This is the standard page on the company’s website. Here, you can promote various services that freelancers offer, from basic packages to premium gigs.
- Fiverr Pro: Fiverr has a quality assurance team that hand picks exceptional talent from its freelancers’ pool. These freelancers are highly rated and charge more for their services. You can promote them for higher commissions.
- Fiverr Business: This is a workspace designed for businesses that require teams of freelancers. It aims to make collaboration and project management easier for organizations.
- Learn from Fiverr: Do you specialize in education and learning niches? If that is the case, this is the ideal service for you to promote. It hosts courses related to professional development, creativity, and digital marketing.
- AND CO: This is an app from Fiverr that helps businesses manage workloads, send invoices, and customize proposals. You can set up affiliate links for AND CO if your content is relevant to these areas.
What Tools Are Available?
The Fiverr affiliate marketing program offers several tools that you can use to promote the company’s gigs. Some of the tools include:
- Banners. Fiverr provides affiliate banners that you can add to your website or blog. You receive commissions when your readers click on them and purchase the company’s services. You can use banners to create highly-engaging, appealing ads for higher conversion rates.
- Affiliate links. You can easily get affiliate links from your dashboard by clicking the “All Links” tab under the “Marketing Tools” segment. You must insert the links into your web content so that your site’s visitors can purchase Fiverr Gigs from your blog.
Fiverr Affiliate Commission Structure
The Fiverr affiliate program has a dynamic commission structure that encourages flexibility.
According to Fiverr, affiliates can choose either a cost per acquisition (CPA) model or a hybrid revenue share commission model.
Let’s discuss the features and benefits of the two models:
Fiverr offers commissions ranging from $15 to $50 under the CPA model. Your earnings depend on the service a customer purchases using your affiliate link.
The commission amounts and their associated services are as follows:
This is the highest commission amount you can receive. It applies to promoting Fiverr Pro services. As I mentioned earlier, the Fiverr Pro service has the best-in-class freelancers who charge more than those on the standard service. Because of that, you’re assured of higher commissions for promoting the Fiverr Pro service.
- Game development
- Architecture and interior design
- Book & ebook writing
- Whiteboard & animated explainers
- Web builders & CMS
- Mobile apps
- Web & mobile design
- E-commerce development
- Web content
- Data analysis
- 3D models & product design
- Search engine marketing (SEM)
- Proofreading & editing
- Articles & blog posts
- Virtual assistant
- Voice over
This is the lowest commission. It applies to services that the company does not consider associated with the commission amounts stated above.
Under the hybrid model, Fiverr affiliates earn a $10 CPA commission on first-time purchases and a 10% revenue share from every purchase a referred customer makes within 12 months.
Which Commission Model Is Better?
Practically, neither of the two commission models is better than the other. However, there are situations in which either would serve you better.
You should consider your audience type, service price points, and promotion methods when choosing between them.
Choose the CPA model if:
- Your audience would be interested in a specific gig.
- They are likely to order once without buying additional services.
- The audience would most likely purchase the most affordable products.
- You have invested in paid promotions.
Conversely, the hybrid model would be best if:
- Your audience might need more services over time.
- Your audience is less price-conscious.
- You’re relying solely on organic promotion methods.
Note: Fiverr allows affiliates to withdraw earnings after attaining the payment threshold of $100. You can withdraw funds through PayPal, bank transfer, Fiverr Revenue Card, or direct deposit (US Only).
Tip: You can add sub-affiliates to increase your commissions. As this forum highlights, you get 10% of your sub-affiliates’ total earnings.
Who Can Join the Fiverr Affiliate Program?
Anyone can join the Fiverr affiliate program. To do so, you should follow the following steps:
- Visit the Fiverr affiliate website.
- Click the “Join Now” or “Start Earning Now” button and provide the required information.
- Visit the “Marketing Tools” section on the dashboard to find your banner ads and affiliate links.
- Add your affiliate links to your website.
Pros and Cons of the Fiverr Affiliate Program
This review would be incomplete if I failed to mention the upsides and downsides of the Fiverr affiliate program.
On the one hand, the benefits include professional support from an affiliate manager; a free, easy-to-join program; a flexible commission structure; a broad market for Fiverr services, and the high popularity of Fiverr.
On the other hand, the cons include the restrictive first-time buyer clause, meaning you can only earn once per buyer, a high payout threshold, and the $150 cap on Fiverr Pro commissions.
The significant increase in Fiverr’s revenues in 2020 points to its growing customer base and popularity. You can take advantage of the company’s popularity to earn a decent income by joining its affiliate program.
Although the program may restrict your earnings per buyer, cap your commission in some instances, and impose a high payment threshold, its benefits are more enticing. You get a dedicated professional affiliate manager, a flexible commission structure, and a free, easy-to-use platform. The prospect of earning through sub-affiliates is another aspect that makes the program worth joining.
- Peer Through Media: Fiverr Affiliate Program Review 2020
- Rags to Niches: Fiverr Affiliate Program Review: Up To $150 Per Sale!
- Five Star Funnel: Fiverr Affiliate Program Review: Everything You Need To Know
- Fiverr: Boost Your Earnings by Driving Traffic to Fiverr
- Digital Fodder: Fiverr Affiliate Program Review
- Craig Campbell: Fiverr Affiliate Program
- Affiliate Watch: About Fiverr
- Fiverr: Fiverr Affiliates Guides
- Affiliate Royale: The Ultimate Guide to Using Banner Ads for Affiliate Marketing
- Quora: How Does Pixel Tracking With Affiliate Networks And Merchants Work?
- Fiverr: Good News for Fiverr Affiliates: Now Get Revenue Share with Your Commission
- Fiverr: Commission Plan
- Fiverr Community Forum: Sub-Affiliates Commissions
- Fiverr: Fiverr Announces Third Quarter 2020 Results
- 3HUNDRD: Fiverr Affiliate Program Review (Is It Worth Promoting?)