DreamHost is one of the internet’s most popular website hosting companies. With millions of websites hosted each year, it’s easy to see how there could be a massive opportunity to make a decent income.
If you’ve considered their affiliate program to turn your readers into buyers, then you’re in the right place.
The DreamHost affiliate program is an excellent choice because it offers high commission rates, 30-day tracking cookies, and high-quality banners. You’ll also have access to a user-friendly affiliate interface, tracking to check your analytics, and quick payments that go to your PayPal account.
Throughout this article, you’ll also learn the following info about DreamHost’s affiliate program:
- Pros and cons that you should consider before signing up
- How you can make the most out of the program
- Answers to all of your questions about the affiliate membership
Related Post: HostGator Affiliate Program Review – Is It Worth It?
Why Should You Join DreamHost’s Affiliate Program?
If you have a website and you’re trying to figure out how you can get it monetized, you’ll enjoy the DreamHost affiliate program.
It has countless benefits that you can take advantage of to propel your online business to the next level.
With over 1.2 million active websites hosted by the company, you’ll have plenty of people to sell to.
Here’s a list of reasons that you should join the DreamHost affiliate program:
- You’ll be able to use their high-quality banners. According to DreamHost, they have a wide collection of beautiful banners that you can integrate into your website. Choose to paste them on the sides, top, or bottom of the page. They’re much more colorful than most other hosting platforms’ banners.
- If you decide to join, you’ll have access to a user-friendly dashboard. Track everything from the click rate to the conversions. You’ll be able to get better commissions by selling more often. The dashboard is quickly accessible by visiting your exclusive DreamHost affiliate page that shows everything you need to know.
- DreamHost offers some of the highest commission rates in the business. Beginners earn up to $15 per referral, but the rates eventually exceed $200 per referral. As you could assume, a few conversions per month could make a massive difference for your bank account. It all depends on how many people sign up through your affiliate links.
- You can increase your earnings by converting more links. The amount you earn goes up if they order yearly plans compared to monthly plans. They can also choose to get add-ons that will give you higher commission rates. If you convert five or more customers per month, DreamHost adds a bonus to your income.
- The sign-up process only takes two minutes or less. If you’re tired of applying for loads of affiliate programs and waiting hours to get through them, then you’ll like what’s in store with this membership. When you decide that it’s right for you, you can head over to the DreamHost affiliate page and get approved.
As you can see, there are plenty of reasons that you could consider joining the DreamHost affiliate program.
Whether you’re doing it to earn a part-time income or you want to quit your day job, DreamHost offers a useful method of getting the job done.
However, it’s not the perfect affiliate membership. To learn about the downsides associated with the program, proceed to the next section.
Related Post: The Top Free Affiliate Marketing Programs For Beginners
Here’s Why You Might Not Like It
- DreamHost offers a refund policy that goes over 90 days. If someone returns the product, it might show up as a negative on your income report. In other words, you’ll end up getting less money if someone decides that they want to get a refund. Fortunately, you receive payments long after, so you won’t know that it happened.
- It’s a saturated niche since so many people want to get involved with the gig. The pros are as good as it gets when it comes to DreamHost, so tons of affiliate marketers want a piece of the income. To get people to click on your site and go through your links for a commission, you’ll have to get domain authority.
- You need a lot of traffic to get a decent income. Although you can earn up to $200 per sale (if they buy everything on an annual package), it’s hard to convince someone that they’ll have to buy through your links. It’s often believed that a small fraction of viewers click links, and an even smaller amount make a purchase.
- If someone makes a purchase after the 30-day period, you won’t see a dime from it. As mentioned in the previous section, 30 days is quite long for a tracking cookie, but that doesn’t mean you’ll get the commission if someone gets it when that period is up. However, if they go back and click your link again before the purchase, you’ll all set.
- If you’re not a Platinum Affiliate (when you sell more than 25 packages per month), you’ll have to pay a 5% processing fee on all PayPal transactions. You can get past the fee by selling more than 25 links per month, but that’s not the easiest task when you’re first beginning your affiliate marketing career.
The downsides aren’t too crazy, especially when you compare them with the outstanding benefits of the program.
That being said, there are a few more details that you should know, then we can head onto the sign-up process.
Related Post: Groupon Affiliate Program Review – Should You Join?
What You Should Know Before Signing Up
DreamHost has quite a few details that might make it difficult to understand.
The good news is that you’re about to find out all there is to know about the program, including the fine print.
The info found below will clear it all up.
DreamHost Offers Top-Notch Customer Service
Affiliate Watch explains that DreamHost has 24/7 customer service that can keep you updated with everything you want to know.
It doesn’t matter what time it is or where you’re located; You’ll be able to have your questions answered.
Your links are guaranteed to be current and ready to sell throughout the day and night.
You Should Expect Low Payouts
Although some of the payment options can give you up to $200 per customer, it’s highly unlikely that it’ll be a regular occurrence.
Instead, you should expect to get about $15 to $50 per commission.
When someone buys a website for the first time, they’re probably going to get the cheapest bundle before getting more.
Payments Come After Three Months
As you read earlier in the article, customers have a little more than 90 days to get their money back.
Instead of paying you the money and then asking for it back when someone needs a refund, DreamHost waits until the refund period is over.
After the first 90-day period, you’ll receive regular payments that overlap from the previous months.
If you’re fine with getting paid after a few months of work and the low pay per customer doesn’t bother you, then there’s no reason that you shouldn’t enjoy the program.
Much like other affiliate programs, it takes a lot of hard work and consistency if you want to make a decent income.
When you’re ready to make it happen, read how you can start signing up below.
Related Post: How To Start Affiliate Marketing Without A Website
How to Join DreamHost’s Affiliate Program
Getting started with the DreamHost affiliate program will surprise you.
It’s literally the easiest affiliate membership to join.
You don’t need a key code or a website to start generating an income through the program.
You only need an email address, a password, and some personal information.
Follow these steps to join the DreamHost affiliate program:
- As stated by Indiana Affiliate Programs, the initial process is super simple. Input your first and last name, email address, and a created password. These four bits of information form the basis of your account. Note: It’s wise to create an email account for your affiliate membership.
- Choose your payment method. Some markets are forced to choose paper checks as the only payable format, but most countries can select checks or PayPal. The third option is to have DreamHost credits — Currency that’s used to fund your hosted websites instead of charging your bank for purchases.
- Navigate the menu to find your banners and links. It’s one thing to get approved for DreamHost’s affiliate program, but it’s much more challenging to optimize your commission placements. Using banners is a great way to attract your viewers, but too many of them can see invasive and overwhelming.
- Convert your first few readers into buyers. Before you worry about getting a full-time income from the program, you need to get a couple of sales. Once you’re able to find out what works, you can implement new strategies. By following a slow process, you’ll be able to optimize your website for more sales.
This process only takes a few minutes, and you’ll be ready to start making money.
Remember that it can take a while for web pages to rank on Google, Bing, and other search engines.
Just because you get approved and start posting links doesn’t mean you’ll be an overnight success. To figure out if the wait is worth it, read on.
Get The Insiders Guide To Affiliate Marketing!
Is It Worth Your Time?
Now that you know everything about the program, you’re almost ready to decide if you should join.
Even if it’s a fantastic membership for some people, it might be a waste of time for others. There are numerous perks that everyone can find useful, so it’s up to you to decide if it’s a worthwhile activity for your business.
Consider the following:
Do You Have an Established Website in the Niche?
You’ll need a steady source of traffic if you want to make enough money to make the DreamHost program worth it.
While there’s no fee for using the membership, you don’t want to spend several hours making the perfect page just to get one or two sales per month.
You’ll need a few thousand visitors per month to make it worth the time investment.
Have You Done Affiliate Marketing in the Past?
If you’ve never been an affiliate marketer, then you should consider if it’s right for you.
Fortunately, the DreamHost affiliate program isn’t too difficult. The learning curve is minimal, which means you’ll be able to get up to speed in a couple of hours.
Nonetheless, it’s worth thinking about if you’re looking for an instant money source.
Do You Have Additional Sources of Income?
DreamHost should be viewed as a portion of your income. Very few affiliate marketers are able to make a full-time living from one program (aside from Amazon’s program).
It’s important that you have plenty of other income streams. Online marketing requires multiple methods of making money, and DreamHost can be an excellent addition to your sources.
These three considerations will let you know if you should spend time working on an affiliate membership with DreamHost.
Nobody’s questioning the effectiveness or legitimacy of DreamHost, but if you don’t have an audience, then you’ll be wasting your time.
When you’re ready to go, and your account is set up, proceed to the next section to learn a few valuable tips to help you make more money with the program.
Related Post: How To Start An Amazon Affiliate Marketing Business Without A Website?
Helpful Suggestions to Increase Your Commissions
- Create a page on your website for DreamHost’s program. You’ll be able to advertise the domain hosting platform to your readers, rank for keywords about DreamHost, and keep the invasive banners off of other pages of your website. You could explain how someone could make a website or how it could help their business.
- Try numerous banners and links to figure out what works. Make use of the aforementioned DreamHost dashboard so you can see if your banners are converting. You can track who’s clicked, how often you’re getting sales, and which banners aren’t working for your website.
- Learn a Net suggests that you keep your website updated with the latest DreamHost prices. People don’t want to click on something if they don’t know how much they’re going to have to spend. If you keep them up-to-date, they’ll be much more comfortable clicking and purchasing a package deal.
- Keep yourself updated on the latest DreamHost deals and trends. As with all hosting companies, DreamHost tries to stay competitive. They might raise or lower their prices, offer special holiday deals, or create bundle packages. On that note, staying current with their program will let you know how you can optimize your links and banners.
- Choose banners that fit your website. Tall, skinny vertical banners are a great choice for the side of your site, but they’re awful for the top and bottom. Furthermore, some websites have more space for ads than others. Find out where you can expand your website to make more room for ads without cluttering the page.
Does DreamHost Approve Everything for Their Affiliate Program?
Unless there’s a wild turn of events, it’s safe to assume that DreamHost will accept your application.
Unlike most niche affiliate programs, DreamHost has a broad audience.
They want you to sell their product and make a commission just as much as you do.
As long as your banking info and email address are verified, you should be all set.
How Soon Can You Start Posting Links Through DreamHost?
Once you’re approved, you’ll be able to start posting banners and links to your website right away.
The approval process is fairly quick, so you can get your website prepared the same day that you apply.
It’s recommended that you test a couple of banners and links before you fill your website.
Do You Need a DreamHost Website to Join Their Affiliate Program?
No! There’s no need to have a DreamHost-hosted website to join their affiliate program.
However, there’s a great incentive: If you choose to get partially paid in DreamHost credits, you’ll never have to pay for your domain hosting services.
As long as the money you earn is greater than what you owe, the credits will pay for everything.
That’s just one of the many perks of the program.
DreamHost offers one of the best affiliate programs on the internet.
If you want to boost your income, help your readers become website owners, and learn how affiliate marketing works, then DreamHost will be a perfect match for you.
It’s easy to use, you’ll enjoy the high commission rates, and nobody’s complaining about the ever-growing audience.
Here’s a quick recap of the post:
- DreamHost offers between $15 to $200 per converted customer.
- You can increase your commission rates by creating a page on your website dedicated to DreamHost.
- It’s important that you have enough traffic to make this affiliate program worth your time.